International scientific-practical conference
Innovations in Autism Interventions:
Research and Practice of DIRFloortime®
April 22-24, 2019
Conference organizers: Moscow State University of Psychology and Education (Russia), Federal Resource Center for Organization of Comprehensive Support to Children with ASD (Russia), Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (USA)
Media partners of the conference: Russian Agency of International Information «RIA Novosti» (“Social Navigator” project), Russian News Agency TASS, Agency for Social Information (ASI), “Psychological Science and Education” Journal, “Education Herald”, Journal, “Autism and Developmental Disorders ” Journal, “Teacher’s Newspaper” Publishing House, Psychological-Educational PSYEDU.RU” Electronic Journal, Russian Psychological Issues PsyJournals.ru.
Conference objective: sharing of experience using DIRFloortime® model to support children with ASD.
Key topics of the conference:
- Understanding ASD from DIRFloortime® prospective
- DIRFloortime® as an interdisciplinary model of working with children with ASD that includes fields such as occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychology and education.
- Specifics of DIRFloortime® model in regards to working with kids with ASD
- DIRFloortime® methodology: assessing individual differences of children with ASD.
- Types of developmental support for children with ASD within the DIRFloortime® framework.
- Types of support of children with behavioral challenges using DIRFloortime® model
- DIRFloortime® strategies within individual and small group situations in an educational setting.
The program of the conference is equivalent to DIR 101 course offered by ICDL (USA). For more information on the DIRFloortime® program please visit this page: http://www.icdl.com/education/dirfloortime
Following the conference, a special issue of the Autism and Developmental Challenges Journal (Russia) will be published on the use of DIRFloortime® in working with children with ASD. Link to the journal page on the portal of psychological publications: http://psyjournals.ru/en/autism/
CONTACTS OF THE CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS
Bormotina Viktoria, Assistant of the director of the Federal Resource Center,